Northwest Wilderness Society of the Unitarian church
We are stewards of the land. We facilitate enjoyment of this land and are committed to preserving the peace, beauty and essential wildness while protecting it from development so that future generations may continue to draw nourishment from it.
Our mission is to promote the principles and values of Unitarianism, and to strengthen the bonds among Unitarians, their families and friends, by experiencing community in a wilderness setting.
We, the member congregations of the Canadian Unitarian Council, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity, and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part